UudisedKiri: ESOR Breast Imaging Fellowship USA Spring 2014 (3.oktoober 2013)
Interested in taking in-depth training and education in breast imaging?
ESOR, the European School of Radiology, is happy to announce an opening for a six-month fellowship, which will expose trainees to all aspects of breast imaging at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, USA.
The programme offers an intensive, individualised instruction in breast imaging interpretation and clinical research methodology. It includes training in breast imaging for screening, diagnosis and intervention, incorporating daily image interpretation of mammography, ultrasound and MRI studies; biopsy onset action and follow-up; and quality control in a busy, state-of-the-art breast center. During the training period, the radiologist will be assigned a research mentor and a clinical mentor, and will receive intensive one-on-one instruction in the use of the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS) lexicon. In addition, trainees work on a clinical research project. They are additionally helped to prepare an original research manuscript for publication and are mentored in grantsmanship to support continued research upon their return home.
• This programme applies to board-certified radiologists between three and six years professional experience in radiology, having at least a-one year involvement in breast imaging.
Applicants must be radiologists from Europe or Latin America.
• In addition clinical and academic interest in breast imaging is required, substantiated by 30% effort in working in breast imaging at the time of application.
• Competence in producing a radiological report, in summarising the relevant radiologic findings, in communicating with clinicians and patients, as well as the interest to work in a clinical department with multi-disciplinary staff and high-cost equipment are essential. Understanding the immediate therapeutic consequences and the medico-legal implications of uncertainty and errors in the breast area are necessary. In addition, a good clinical background in other disciplines, which has been achieved through clinical experience prior to entering the fellowship is desirable.
• Applicants must be proficient in English.
• ESR membership fees for the current year must be settled. Applicants must be 2013 members of ESR.
Duration of fellowship and funding
The training will start in the first half of 2014 and last for six months. The successful fellow will receive a grant by MSKCC, funded by the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Health insurance will be provided. The training itself is offered for free.
How to apply
Application will be open until November 3. To apply for the programme, applicants must:
1. Log in with their ESR membership ID number to the ESR MyUserArea - MyESOR
2. Upload the following documents:
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Letter of motivation including a summary of the training background, areas of particular strength and interest and a one-page description of clinical and academic interest in breast imaging and how you would hope to implement and apply the fellowship
• Two recommendation letters, at least one from the head of department of the current centre stating also that the applicant would continue to work as a breast imaging specialist in the same institution.
• A certificate verifying recent board certification in radiology (between 3 and 6 years)
For furhter information please click here.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Neutorgasse 9, 1010 Vienna, Austria